Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ivan Lasater Finds a Healthy Balance

 A Grand county native, and current Moab, Utah local Ivan Lasater, finds a healthy balance when it comes to his lifestyle choices.



Get the Advantage

Ivan knows in these modern times, lifestyle choices seem to be more critical than ever. He knows there are advantages to finding a healthy balance if he wants to continue with the momentum he's worked so hard for over the past two decades.

Breakfast

Knowing what to eat and what not to eat is an important step in finding that healthy balance. Ivan always begins his day with a healthy breakfast.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I plan my breakfast meals on a week by week basis because often times, in the morning, I have so much to do before work that planning a meal can take too much time. This can lead to hastily finding something at the last moment before I head out the door and those choices can compromise my ability to eat a healthy meal."

Don't Settle

How many times have we settled for a doughnut or a muffin in the morning on the way to work because we didn't have a plan in place for breakfast? Ivan develops a breakfast plan because he knows finding a healthy balance requires planning. He plans time in the mornings for a work out, shower, breakfast,and meditation because he knows that the tone for a day is usually set within moments of waking. He avoids watching the news in the morning because he knows that the mind can receive negative messages and the attitude could suffer as a result.

"I'm a leader in my industry and I have a responsibility to my clientele and to the people that I work with to optimize my mind frame."

The Big Three

Ivan also avoids engaging in what he refers to as the "big three". That would be excessive drinking of alcohol, narcotics of any kind, and tobacco products. Knowing what to avoid is just as important as knowing what to engage in.

"Too much of anything could be harmful in one way or another so I try to moderate my behavior. Being vigilant helps to develop will power and character. But there are things out there that really shouldn't even be engaged in if you want balance in your life. Smoking, chewing, using drugs....all of these can disrupt a healthy lifestyle."



Meditation

Its pretty obvious when you see Ivan, that he cares about his physicality. It's also obvious upon meeting him that he keeps his mind as clean and strong as his body. How many times throughout the day do we feel pretty optimal, physically, yet we're suffering on an emotional level? Ivan can feel when his mind and body aren't in harmony. That is why an important part of his healthy balance is the 45 minutes he sets aside each day for meditation.

"I like to meditate in the mornings before I exercise. If I wake up early, my mind is at its most vulnerable, so I choose to focus on positive and constructive goals. Generating a attitude of gratitude helps me to put things into perspective. It filters out all the distractions."

Exercise

Exercise is a substantial part of Ivan's life. Ivan lives in Moab, UT. Moab is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts and four wheel - off road enthusiasts. Moab and its surrounding areas boast a plethora of National and State Parks as well. He takes full advantage of the geography in the area by implementing his workout routine and leisure time into a positive and beautiful environment.

"I found that an exercise routine and leisure activities are much more enjoyable in a beautiful environment. If I'm away from home and I need a run, I go to a park instead of running around the block. If I go on vacation or just want to spend some time doing something on the weekend, I'll most likely be climbing a mountain or running a river. Beauty inspires".

Summary

Balance can be difficult for some people to find in our busy and distracted lifestyles. People like Ivan can offer us all some insight into how we can do it with just a little planning and a desire to feel good. Sure, there's some sacrifice and discipline involved but what healthy aspect of our lives doesn't involve some of that?


Ivan Lasater lives on Huntridge Dr. in the beautiful city of Moab, UT. He is Owner/Founder/CEO of ICL Enterprises.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment